Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Is Where Kinnavieve's Brother Woulda Been Proud

Hello Gentle Readers (and Bellbell who is not gentle),

All my life, I have wanted to serve the Light as it's soldier. As a little girl, I secretly practiced swinging my father's axes whenever I could sneak them out into the woods. He would punish me whenever he caught me doing it (I think he feared I would cut my foot off) but I kept at it. By the time I was eleven, he realized I was cutting down trees faster than he could, and he relented. Although he acted as if he was doing me a favor...

When my brother Richard joined the army to go fight for Lordaeron, I made him show me everything they taught him in basic training. After he left, I practiced every day, eager to show him how good I had gotten when he returned. But he never did...

On my sixteenth birthday, I took the vows to becoma a Knight of the Silver Hand:
"Do you vow to uphold the honor and codes of the Order of the Silver Hand?"
"By my blood and honor, I do."
"Do you vow to walk in the grace of the Light and spread its wisdom to your fellow man?"
"By my blood and honor, I do."
"Do you vow to vanquish evil wherever it be found, to protect the innocent with your very life, and to serve always what is right, honorable, and good?"
"By my blood and honor, I do."

In the years since then, I have fought the Scourge and its allies. In Desolace, in the Plaguelands, in Dragonblight. I have faced Baron Rivendare, the Barov family, Drakuru, Noth the Plaguebringer and even Kel'thuzad himself. Scholomance, Stratholme, and Naxxramas have all been cleansed of their evil. It has been a long hard road, and many have sacrificed along the way: sweat, blood, some even their lives.

In recognition of my service to the Light, Tirion Fordring himself has proclaimed me the Argent Champion. I accepted this honor in the name of all those who have lost everything in this struggle, including my brother.

I so wish he was here now.

6 comments:

Sweetcherrie said...

/bow

I'm sure your brother knows...wherever he is, he knows.

Kayeri said...

::wiping eyes::

Kinnavieve, your brother knows... There is a part of him that lives in your heart, there is no way he could not know of the things you accomplish. And yes, he is so very proud of you. :)

Misneach said...

Congratulations.

/salute

Khol Drake said...

Aww...our little tankadin is getting all grown up.

Well done, little tankadin, well done.

Anonymous said...

Crusader title next

EVE Characters said...

I think this is a very nice posting. I feel that your brother knows. Congratulations.